...

...

Saturday, January 2, 2010

2010

At the end of 2009 I finished reading White Teeth by Zadie Smith, for the first time, and One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez, for about the tenth time, and I spent my secular holiday worrying quite a bit about repeating mistakes, sabotaging myself, and otherwise fucking up my life. I'm not big on New Year's resolutions, and if anything I think my real New Year's Eve will be June 1st, which is the day I officially moved to Gainesville, in which case I'll let the self-loathing come rolling in, but I did wake up on the last day of 2009 with a little idea. It's a little idea I've had for the past few months now, and it's that maybe, just maybe, I should start drinking less. So this is my plan, I'm going to try my hardest, and I'm going to document it so that maybe I can come up with some conclusions or in the very least some perspective. This blog, my first by the way, will fall somewhere in between observation and understanding. I hope so anyway. 

No comments:

Post a Comment